Are you in dilemma why your present skin care products and anti-aging wrinkle creams or lotions do not work? Are you wondering that even after spending a lot of money on the branded and expensive skin care products, you do not notice any positive change in your skin?
If the answers for above questions are YES!, and you have come to the right place. As you will read further, you will know the main reason why so many popular and expensive skin products and anti-aging wrinkle creams do not work for you.
Do you think that the anti-aging skin creams and lotions are tested for safety by an independent agency before they are launched and get ready for consumers? Unfortunately, it is not true. Generally, we all have this misconception that the products we purchase are safe, and they undergo rigorous testing for maintaining standards of safety before they are made available for people to use.
Moreover, you will be surprised to know that some people have found side-effects of these anti aging products including low fertility, skin cancer, lead poisoning and other related skin disorders.
FDA and Skin Care Products
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is said to be responsible for the skin care products and other prescription medicines and drugs. However, the control of the FDA over these products is relatively limited. Except for color additives, the FDA does not approve any other ingredients in the anti aging products before they are launched in the market.
According to the FDA, except for color additives and those ingredients which are restricted and prohibited by regulation in the skin care products, a manufacturer may make use of any ingredient in their skin care products or anti-aging wrinkle creams and lotions. However, the FDA has imposed the condition that proper labeling should be there on the products and the ingredients used in the skin care products are not adulterated or misbranded under the laws of the FDA.
The FDA has restricted some color additives and banned only 9 ingredients. Well, this list is too small. So who is determining the safety of anti-aging wrinkle creams and other skin products? The answer is simple: not the FDA.
According to the FDA, if the companies manufacturing these products do not adequately substantiate the safety of their skin care products before marketing it, then they are required to add a warning label stating that, “Warning – The safety of this product has not been determined.” However, a recent survey concludes that it did not find a single product with such a statement out of 20,000 reviewed products.
Whom to trust?
The United States of Agriculture (USDA) has set national standards for the use of word “Organic” on the label of anti-aging wrinkle creams and other skin care items.
According to Dan Glickman, US Secretary Of Agriculture, “These are the strictest and most comprehensive organic standards in the world.”
A USDA Organic certification seal on any skin care products and anti-aging wrinkle creams indicate that products are made with at least 95% organic ingredients (the makeup of the other 5% is also very strict) and help us better understand the real meaning of the word, “Organic.”
The involvement of the USDA organic certified seal assures the consumers that they are buying real organic product for themselves. The USDA seal makes the consumer confident and eradicates the fear of using GMO’s, Genetically Modified Organisms in the products.
If you need a pure and organic product for your skin, select skin care products with 100% natural ingredients such as herbs, fruit extract and essential oils. Your skin will love these pure ingredients and glow with health.